Tony Chen: Being on the lists of Oscars Contenders, Hollywood and Independent Music Awards Nominations in the first 3 months of 2014



It has not been a long time since we entered into the year of 2014, just 3 months passed. How are you getting on? I have some exciting news about my music achievements to share with you!

Music Achievements 2014 January to March: 
  1. Following my composition of the theme song “The Courage to Believe” featuring award-winning Hollywood actress Q’orianka Kilcher for the award-winning documentary Free China becoming the “Music in Visual Media Winner of Best Song – Indie Film/Documentary/Short Category” at 2013 Hollywood Music In Media Awards™, the song and the whole soundtrack of Free China that I composed luckily became an official contender for “Best Original Score”, “Best Original Song” of the 86th Oscars. I feel honored to see my name is on the list for this prestigious event for movies and music!


  2. My new 2014 January composition “Flying High Above” was nominated for “Best Contemporary Orchestral” piece of 2014 Hollywood Music In Media Awards™ in the same month;
  3. My Piano Solo "Warm Romance Serenade" composed for Valentine's Day this February has been nominated as Best Music Piece in 2014 Hollywood Music in Media Awards™ New Age / Ambient Category in February!
  4. In March, my latest album At Ease published last October has been a nominated for the Best Contemporary Classical Album” of the 13th Independent Music Awards! The results will be announced in May!
Listen to Tony's new compositions as well as pieces from At Ease album:


I feel blessed for these gifts in the past 3 or 4 month time. Sharing my music to you is my wish, receiving these awards or nominations means that I could share my music to more people, and I hope you can also experience the same variety states of mind and happiness that I had in my music compositions!

Tony Chen Music Blog Launched

Meanwhile, I have also started my blog too, in both English and Chinese. I share background stories and inspirations of my music as well as my reviews or comments of life and popular topics! You are welcome to visit and share your thoughts about music & life too!

Here are some featured blogs:

Downloading Tony Chen's Music

Btw, if you are thinking of how you could download my music for your walkman, iphone, ipod or other music devices, you could visit my website (http://www.tonychenmusic.com) to order my CDs and MP3 downloads! My music is also available on iTunes, Amazon, CDbaby, Bandcamp, Emusic, Rhapsody, spotify…etc. Of course, if you order my CD bundle offer on my website, you can receive discounts as well as a free MP3 music of mine!

In short, music is a bridge connecting you and me! I wish you a happy good day!

Comments

Popular Posts