Dance with "Windancer" ~~




April 30th, the last day of April, but it is a Monday, the first day of the week. I dragged my tired body around 6.30am early in the morning to get up from bed, and drove from San Francisco to the South Bay for my radio show “Morning Concert” (in Mandarin) on Sound of Hope Radio@KSJO FM 92.3 starting from 9 o’clock. Cars on the road were really blocking though, I still arrived successfully before the beginning of the show. Everything was ready. The first music piece I played was the one I like very much which is called “Windancer” from the Secret Garden. I think the piece really removed the sleepy feeling from not only me but also all the listeners of my show – maybe nearly 100, 000 Chinese listeners amazingly.

The Secret Garden is a famous band, belongs to the New Age music category. It is composed by two talented musicians, Rolf Lovland and Fionnuala Sherry. It was formed in 1994. Their music combines the ethereal style of Ireland, also includes a Norwegian national and European classical music elements. The music is quiet and far-reaching, natural and smooth.

The music piece “Windancer” is taken from the second album of the Secret Garden White Stone. I feel that it seems that everything in this world requires us to grasp a certain kind of balance in order to discover the right feeling, for example, the wind – too much wind brings natural disasters, while if there is no wind at all, we may also be incredibly uncomfortable – only the breeze might give us cool feelings. So “Windancer”, the first piece I played gave us such a right feeling – I wanted to dance following the breeze direction without being too drastic.

Comfortable breeze itself is pure. Purity is the idea that I uphold to do my music show, sharing with everyone nice and pure songs.

Chinese traditional culture has a broad tolerance character, which is the concept that I follow to select the songs - the outstanding works from all around the world, and not in full accordance with the trend of the market. I do not choose the music with political intentions and that with negative or dark messages either. I firmly believe that music should walk the path of purity with practice of sincere, kind, tolerant principles. I hope that my music program to be able to express the positive and upward concept and walk on a pure path.  

This Wind Dancer live performance version, looks good eh?





Comments

  1. I have the fist cd of them and when I need a rest (and my pc is off, otherwise I listen to you Tony on Youtube) I very often turn this on.
    On this piece you can clearly hearing the sound of Secret Garden.

    Thanks for the link on my Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts